American Sportfishing Association
- Consultant, recreational fishing economics.
- Preliminary economic impact estimates from Deep Horizon oil spill
American Fly Fishing Tackle Association
- Government Affairs Committee Member
- Volunteer Coordinator for the Jim Range National Casting Call and the Family and Youth Casting Call
Coastal Conservation Association
- Allocation Analysis of the Gulf of Mexico Gag and Red Grouper Fisheries
- CCA Press Release
Environmental Defense Fund
- Examination of striped bass price trends in the Mid-Atlantic
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: European Inland Fisheries Advisory Commission (EIFAC)
- Technical Editor and Author for: “Guidelines for assessing social and economic benefits of European inland recreational fisheries.” EIFAC Occasional Paper No. 45 (in press)
Forum Fisheries Agency
- Development of tuna fisheries in the Pacific ACP countries (DEVFISH) Project: An Assessment of Recreational Fishery Development Options
International Game Fish Association
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Participant in the Task Force on Fisheries Management
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Fisheries Service – National Marine Fisheries Service
- Expenditure and Demographic Profiles of Anglers in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico with Special Attention on Coral Reef Related Activities
- Economic Contribution of Marine Angler Expenditures in the United States, 2006
- Modeling the Behavior of Hawaii Marlin Anglers – NMFS Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center and Joint Institute for Marine and Atmospheric Research
- Summer Flounder Allocation Analysis
- NMFS Office of International Affairs – Regulatory analysis, including regulatory impact review, regulatory flexibility analysis, and NEPA economic analysis, of the international provisions in the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Reauthorization Act (MSRA). Federal Register notice of proposed rule posted Monday June 11, 2007 (Volume 72, Number 111, page 32052).
- Environmental and Public Affairs Consultants to the Energy Industry
- Economic impact analysis of energy development projects
- Analysis of latent effort and capacity in the Gulf of Mexico Shrimp fishery
- Exploration of innovative management solutions for recreational fishing
- Examination the use of property rights in the management of transboundary fishery resources.
- Examination of the potential economic benefits of rights based management of Eastern Tropical Tunas.
- Examination of allocation strategies used in RFMO management.
National Science Foundation
Natural Resources Group
World Wildlife Fund
Peer Reviewed Publications
Gentner, Brad (2011). Exploring Survey Methodologies for Collecting Recreational Angler Expenditure Data.Proceedings of the 5th World Recreational Fishing Congress. American Fisheries Society book series.
Hindsley, PR, CE Landry, and B Gentner. 2011. Addressing Onsite Sampling in Recreation Site Choice Models. Journal of Environmental Economics and Management. 62(1):95-110
Gentner, B, J. Kirkley, P.R. Hindsley, and Scott Steinback. 2010. Summer Flounder Allocation Analysis. U.S. Dep. Commerce, NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFSF/SPO-111, 93 p. http://spo.nwr.noaa.gov/tm/TMSPO111.pdf
Parkkila, K., R. Arlinghaus, J. Artell, B. Gentner, W. Haider, U. Aas, D.N. Barton, E. Roth, and M. Sipponen. 2010. Guidelines for assessing social and economic benefits of European inland recreational fisheries. Technical editor: Brad Gentner. European Inland Fisheries Advisory Commission Occasional Paper No. 46. 106pp.
Wallmo, Kristy and Brad Gentner. (2008). The Use of Stated and Revealed Preference Data to Understand Catch and Release Behavior of Saltwater Anglers. North American Journal of Fisheries Management.
Gentner, Brad and Scott Steinback (2008). The Economic Contribution of Marine Angler Expenditures in the United States, 2006. U.S. Department of Commerce, NOAA Tech. Memo. NMFS F/SPO-94, 301p.
Gentner, Brad (2007). Do Angler’s Tell the Truth? Examining Revealed and State Preferences for Conservation. Proceedings of the 4th World Fisheries Congress. May 2004. Vancouver, B.C., Canada.
Gentner, Brad and Stephen Sutton. (2007). “Substitution in Recreational Fishing.” In: Global Challenges in Recreational Fisheries. Øystein Aas editor. Blackwell Science, Oxford.
Gentner, Brad. (2007). Sensitivity of angler benefit estimates from a model of recreational demand to the definition of the substitute sites considered by the angler. Fishery Bulletin. 105:161-167.